Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It was a tough year, but I made it!!!

It was a tough year, but I made it !!!


    
But not everyone is as lucky as I am...... 

- The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined 
credit card in the mail. 


- I ordered a burger at McDonald's, and the kid behind the counter asked,  "Can you afford fries with that?" 


- CEO's are now playing miniature golf. 


- If the bank returns your check marked  "Insufficient Funds," you have to call them and ask if they mean you or them. 


- Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM. 


- McDonald's is selling the 1 /4  'ouncer'. 


- Parents in   Beverly Hills and Malibu are firing their nannies and learning their children's names. 


- A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico . 


- Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting. 


- Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. 


- The Mafia is laying off judges. 


- BP Oil laid off 25 Congressmen. 


- Congress says they are looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal.  Oh Great!!   The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $ 1 .5 Trillion disappear! 


And, finally... 

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and our bleak future, that I called the Suicide Life line and was connected to a call center in Pakistan .   When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

 

Posted via email from Laura Betterly's posterous

1 comment:

tabithakristine said...

haha--thanks for the laugh :)